some mistakes with EDK7.1i

Hi All,

I installed EDK7.1i on my computer and built a project. but there are always mistakes.

(1): when i download the bitstream to the FPGA board with the iMPACT of ISE 7 it always show a mistake as follows:

ERROR:iMPACT: 583-"1":The idcode read from the device does not match the idcode in the bsdl File.

(2)however, when i ignore the mistake and then go on to implement the programme "TestApp_Memory" which test the two SDRAMs(this programme is produced with the project automatically), they get the wrong results:

sdram1: passed sdram2: failed

but when i compile the programmes with EDK6.3i, all of the two sdrams will pass.

who knows the reason? please help me!

Thank you!

lina

Reply to
lina

Hi Lina,

I assume you're using an evaluation board. Which one?

BCD

Reply to
BCD

Hi BCD,

The board I am using isn't an evaluation board. It is Virtex-II Pro50. There are always mistakes with EDK7.1i, but when I do programmes with EDK6.3i, they will be all right.

Lina

Reply to
Lina

Just a dumb question, but are you sure you selected the right packag when compiling your code (not only the device family and size, bu package too)

Make sure it's the same one that you used in ISE 6.3i

Reply to
Big Boy