RPM.

Hi Guys, I've got an V2PRO RPM that uses only FFs in slices. How do I prevent ISE7.1 from placing the RPM so that it straddles a BlockRAM/Mulitplier column? When this straddling happens, the routing across the column takes a 300ps hit that I'd rather not have. I've looked at RPM_GRID; it doesn't seem to help. TIA, Syms.

Reply to
Symon

Either place it with an RLOC_ORIGIN, or use an area contraint to restrict it to certain columns.

You have to be careful of that straddling for V4 if you have memories in your RPM, the mapper has a bug in it where it counts the BRAM/DSP48 column when figuring out if the placement puts a memory column of your RPM into a non-memory slice column.

Reply to
Ray Andraka

Many thanks, Syms.

Reply to