Re: A student's question

Hi,

>I am a colledge student,one of my dreams is to design a 16-bit CPU,it has >some basic functions,such as arithmatic and MMU and so on. > >But I don't have any idea how to get it.Can you give some suggestions about >it? > >I mean,what steps should I take to obtain this dream,and at each step,which >book should I read,how long will I get the dream? > >Any help appreciated!! > >This is a cry from a puzzled student for your help. > >Chen Bin

Cry no more!

Lucky for you, there is a web site that covers this in detail, including a worked and explained example!

and in particular, look at the 3 PDF files at

Have fun!

Philip

Philip Freidin Fliptronics

Reply to
Philip Freidin

Chen,

For University Support:

MIT is hosting a Xilinx users group. This will be an unmediated forum where you can exchange curriculum and project ideas with your peers around the world as well as find solutions to problems. To subscribe send email with subscribe in the subject line to: snipped-for-privacy@mit.edu , once you have subscribed send subsequent comments etc. to: snipped-for-privacy@mit.edu . By subscribing, you will get a digest of the email traffic sent to you.

The Xilinx University Program thanks MIT and specifically Andrew Huang for hosting this newsgroup.

(From our website as our hotline does not support students),

Aust> Hi,

Reply to
Austin Lesea