program simulation of the ML310 with XPS+ModelSim

Hi, thanks to the kind people on this group, I finally got a simulation of the ML310 board going.

But I have another problem:

I used the simulation process described in the Platform Studio User guide. I generated and executed the sim-environment from XPS and ran a behavioural simulation in the ModelSim simulator. The design I am simulating is a standard generated design from XPS. (no caching and only DSOCM enabled)

The problem is that I don't see any bus activity during the simulation. All the registers seem to be set to the right values (dsarcvalue, dscntlvalue etc.), but the DSOCM,PLB and OPB buses don't do anything. I forced the system/sys_clk_pin and the system/sys_rst_pin as stimuli. (Not the sys_clk and sys_reset as stated in the manual, these signals do not exist in the design)

I was under the impression that with this simulation system, I should see the program being executed. Is this at all possible, and if so, any ideas of what I should do to get some action going?

Any help would really be appreciated,

Jim Tuilman

Reply to
zoinks