PowerPC crash down

Hello, I'm using a Virtex-II Pro with 1 PowerPC 405. All worked very well until the moment I had to add big FIR filters (2 D.A. with 85 taps and 2 MAC with 17 taps). Now, at any time, the programm stop: the FPGA part continue to work but the PPC part doesn't work anymore. The only solution to continue is to reset the board.

Is it because the number of slices occupied grow up from 48 % to more than

75 % and it's to big for the PPC? Does someone have find the same problem ?

My configuration: PPC @ 300 MHz

16ko ISOCM (for PPC instructions) 16ko PLB BRAM (for PPC data) 32 ko DOCM BRAM (use as dual port between "PPC part" and "FPGA part") FPGA with external clock at 60 MHz (multiply by 2 with DCM)

Thank you for our help.

Pierre

Reply to
Pierre

 __
/ /\/\ Aurelian Lazarut
\ \  / System Verification Engineer
/ /  \ Xilinx Ireland
\_\/\/

phone:	353 01 4032639
fax:	353 01 4640324
Reply to
Aurelian Lazarut

Aurash,

That seems to be correct

(on oscilloscope: 1.5 V, 2.5 V and 3.3 V)

Pierre

"Aurelian Lazarut" a écrit dans le message de news:d83uk0$ snipped-for-privacy@cliff.xsj.xilinx.com...

Reply to
Pierre

What about the current consumption, especially of Vccio?

Reply to
Ben Popoola

we have used a external power supply: 5 V DC , 10 A. The "random stop" for the processor still continue anyway.

Can I conclude that it is not a power supply problem ?

Ben Popoola a =E9crit :

Reply to
netpit