PLL

Hi Guys i am working on the image processing side and i wanted to impliment a function on the APEX20KE device and the clock that i want to use is the internal PLL so Kindly let me know how can i do that.

Reply to
Designfreek

Click on

If that does not work go

Click on Find Answers under Support on the altera.com home page. Enter APEX20K and PLL in the ask a question. It is the 5th answer from the top labeled AN115: Using the Clocklock and ClockBoost features.

Hope this helps. Subroto Datta Altera Corp.

Reply to
Subroto Datta

Hi Designfreek,

I guess Subroto's answer is as complete as it can get. Just a few comments:

Be sure that you're targeting an APEX20KEblablabla-X device - the non-X devices' PLLs are untested.

I'd personally pick a newer Altera family member, such as the Cyclone or Stratix devices - much more versatile PLLs and much higher performance - but I guess you've got to work using an existing board.

Best regards,

Ben

Reply to
Ben Twijnstra