NiosII 8.0 make error Windows XP

I am trying to build a simple hello world example using Nios II v8.0 on a w indows Xp machine.

I see the following errors:

**** Build of configuration Debug for project LIDAR_NIOSII_USB2 ****make -s all includes make: /bin/sh.exe: Command not foundmake: /bin/sh.exe: Comman d not foundmake: /bin/sh.exe: Command not foundmake: /bin/sh.exe: Command n ot foundmake: /bin/sh.exe: Command not foundC:/altera/80/nios2eds/component s/altera_hal/build/app_rules.mk:153: /components/altera_hal/build/gnu_rules .mk: No such file or directoryC:/altera/80/nios2eds/components/altera_hal/b uild/app_rules.mk:157: /components/altera_hal/build/gtf_rules.mk: No such f ile or directorymake: *** No rule to make target `/components/altera_hal/bu ild/gtf_rules.mk'. Stop.Build completed in 0.563 seconds

I have my SOPC_KIT_NIOS2 path set to C:\altera\80\nios2eds

Any suggestions??

Reply to
Vivek Menon

Clearly make isn't found. Look for make.exe under C:\altera and check what directories you have in your PATH.

Reply to
Anssi Saari

make was found, but it couldn't run /bin/sh.exe (I think it's using cygwin).

Check your PATH, and otherwise I'd reinstall the tools as something is obviously wrong in the cygwin install it's using. You don't have cygwin elsewhere on the machine do you?

Are you running these from the GUI or from the shell?

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

ites: > > > I have my SOPC_KIT_NIOS2 path set to C:\altera\80\nios2eds > >

C:\altera and check > what directories you have in your PATH. make was fou nd, but it couldn't run /bin/sh.exe (I think it's using cygwin). Check your PATH, and otherwise I'd reinstall the tools as something is obviously wron g in the cygwin install it's using. You don't have cygwin elsewhere on the machine do you? Are you running these from the GUI or from the shell? Theo

@Theo:

I don't have any other cygwin installations. I am running the GUI. I haven't found make.exe in altera folder. any suggestions on where to find it in altera quartus v8.0 ?

Reply to
Vivek Menon

ath set to C:\altera\80\nios2eds > > > > Any suggestions?? > > Clearly make isn't found. Look for make.exe under C:\altera and check > what directorie s you have in your PATH. make was found, but it couldn't run /bin/sh.exe (I think it's using cygwin). Check your PATH, and otherwise I'd reinstall the tools as something is obviously wrong in the cygwin install it's using. Yo u don't have cygwin elsewhere on the machine do you? Are you running these from the GUI or from the shell? Theo

@Theo:

I don't have any other cygwin installations. I am running the GUI. I haven't found make.exe in altera folder. any suggestions on where to find it in altera quartus v8.0 ?

Reply to
Vivek Menon

I'm afraid I have no idea, because I don't use Quartus on Windows and v8.0 is now 5 years old. However the error message appears to be in make format, in other words there's a Make executable somewhere on your system and it's executing fine. What isn't working is invoking new processes from Make, probably because it can't invoke a shell. That could be an actual sh.exe (most likely) or some Cygwin magic.

My guess would be one of the NIOS2_* environment variables isn't right, but couldn't say which it might be.

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos