IDE for Nios2 does not compile on windows XP

Hello, We have a problem here with the NIOS2 IDE. After installing I tried to compile the simple hello_world example and got the following:

**** Incremental build of configuration Debug for project hello_world_0 **** make -s all Creating generated_all.mk... C:/altera/quartus51/sopc_builder/bin/sopc_builder: not found make: *** [C:/Users/link/fpga/software/hello_world_0_syslib/Debug/system_description/../ob j/generated_all.mk-t] Error 1 Build completed

I checked the installation several times. The c:/altera/quartus51/sopc_builder/bin/sopc_builder definitely exists there. I looked at the makefiles but found no solution there. Somehow the makefile is not able to call sopc_builder. I use Quartus 5.1 and Windows XP. Thanks in advance for any hint.

Michael

Reply to
Michael

Hi Michael,

a problem I had long time ago was that I had "non-standard" characters like ² oder German "Umlaute" in the "/Users/link/". Can't remember the errors I got but maybe it is the same problem...

Regards,

Thomas

"Michael" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:I8flf.15971$ snipped-for-privacy@news1.nokia.com...

[C:/Users/link/fpga/software/hello_world_0_syslib/Debug/system_description/../ob
Reply to
Thomas Entner

Thanks Thomas for the reply. That is true and the reason why the kit may not be installed in "c:program files" because there is a blank in. I already had to reinstall everything because of this. Grrr. I will check if there is still a similar problem elsewhere.

Michael.

Reply to
Michael