Flukeview for Windows 2.1 -- Error during install in Win XP

I'm trying to install Flukeview for Windows 2.1 in Windows XP (home version) and I'm getting the following error message:

16 bit Windows Subsystem C:\Windows\System32\Autoexec.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows Applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

I tried changing the properties on the install files (making sure they are not read only and using compatibility mode for Win 95, 256 colors, 640x480 window etc.). It didn't make a difference in the error message.

What do I need to do?

Thanks,

Mark

Reply to
Mark

I believe that XP does not have support for 16 bit programs. You may be out of luck there.

--
Mike McGinn
Registered Linux User 377849