Modelsim: ROM initialisation

I am using Modelsim XE II/Starter 5.7g to try and mdoel some ROM that I have instantiated using COREGEN. I have associated a .COE file with the ROM in COREGEN with the values that I would like. However I get an error message in Modelsim when I try to run the simulation saying "failed to open VHDL file "romvalues.mif" in rb mode". Does anyone know how I can set up the initial values in the ROM? Thanks very much Adam Morris

Reply to
Adam
090902040809040404000403 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi,

Modelsim needs a *.MIF file to know what is the ROM initialization in behavioral simulation. I am not sure if COREGEN creates one for you but I think so. Anyway, if you change the coe file you have to regenerate the CORE to be sure ISE take it into account. Find attached an example of a MIF file and COE file. I hope this helps.

V> I am using Modelsim XE II/Starter 5.7g to try and mdoel some ROM that I

Reply to
Vincent

Vincent,

Thanks for this, but I do have a MIF file that looks correct, and I regenerated the core after I associated the COE file with the core - but it still has the same error.

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks

Reply to
Adam