Modelling latches in Verilog

Hi, I'm trying to reimplement the design at in Verilog, targetting a Xilinx CPLD. Problem is, I've got all the GAL equations translated, but I can't work out how to handle the latches and buffers. Why am I doing this? Because I'm out of 74LS chips and all my suppliers are closed until Monday...

Basically, when /LDW goes active, the top-right '574 latches in the data on D[0..7]. When /UDW goes active, the bottom-right '244 passes the data on D[0..7] straight onto ID[8..15] and the top-right '574's output is enabled. Reading is fairly simple too - /LDR goes active, the bottom-left '574 latches ID[8..15] and the top-left '245 passes the data on ID[0..7] onto D[0..7]. When /UDR goes active, the '244 is inactive and the '574's output gets enabled (ID[8..15] data gets popped onto the D[0..7] bus). Pretty simple on paper.

How would you go about modelling this circuit in Verilog? Can anyone offer me some hints or suggestions?

Thanks,

--
Phil.                                | Acorn RiscPC600 SA220 64MB+6GB 100baseT
philpem@despammed.com (valid address)| Athlon64 3200+ A8VDeluxe R2 512MB+100GB

actually 574 is not a latch but a posedge DFF with tri-state outputs so you can model it as :

module t74574(CK, OEB, D, Q); input CK, OEB; input [7:0] D; output [7:0] Q;

reg [7:0] Qi;

always @(posedge CK) Qi[7:0]

Oh, so it is. The difference being that the latch's Qout follows Din while EN is high, and the flipflop only latches data in when EN performs a L/H transition.

The things you only notice when you read the truth tables. I'm working from the TI "Digital Logic Pocket Data Book" here :)

I've been trying to model the whole lot in one file - never thought of modelling the DFFs and buffers separately... I've added the t74574 model to my code library - thanks for that.

Thanks,