lwip for FPGA

Hi, I am new to using lwip. I am wondering if you can advice me on the same. I need to transfer data from PC to Microblaze microprocessor on a Xilinx FPGA board and vice versa as fast as possible. i dun need any error correction or the overheads like full TCP/IP. I am currently readin this article to understand about socket programming as an initial start:

Here are the questions that I have:

1) I am stuck at the part in the link above which says hp=gethostbyname(servername);a the code above is more for developing applications on PC. I am looking for lwip drivers to run on the Microblaze (32bit CPU) on the FPGA.

cos i cannot find a similar function in lwip. any idea how to resolve this? i have tried looking for equiv functions like getnameinfo(), getaddrinfo() but these functions will work. :(

2) any other useful links to read for regards to this topic? i have tried looking at

what do i need to purchase to let the sockets running on both PC and FPGA communicate with each other?

possible to advice me on some documents to point me in the right direction?

thanks Chris

Reply to
chrisdekoh

Here is an XAPP that should get you started. There is a TFTP server example using lwip which you can use to transfer data between the PC and Microblaze.

--parag

a.pdf

Reply to
beeraka

This is rather pointless without a proper quotation of the original enquiry, which you have lost by top-posting. Please do not top-post. Your answer belongs after (or intermixed with) the quoted material to which you reply, after snipping all irrelevant material. See the following links:

(taming google)

 [page]:
            Try the download section.
Reply to
CBFalconer

hi Chuck, I do not want to use TFTP as i will eventually need to write a customised program to do this.

Let me extend my question further.

1) Are there any examples available or could anybody kindly guide me as to how to modify xapp1026 to convert the microblaze running on FPGA to a client instead of a server? I would like the PC to act as the server instead and would like to transfer data to the FPGA board from the PC

just curious, would it be straightforward just to omit the 2 lines on page 5 of the notes:

pcb = tcp_listen(pcb); tcp_accept(pcb,accept_callback);

and just add in

tcp_connect(pcb, accept_callback);

have i missed out anything?

2) what program should be running on the PC if i need it to behave as a server? could i just create a server program eg...from the link below (under server model)

will the PC be able to communicate with FPGA with this configuration?

thanks in advance for your time and patience. I am really new to this and have been stuck for quite a while on this.

Chris

Reply to
chrisdekoh