LVDS pin placing on CYCLON II problem

Hi,

I'm working on design with LVDS signals and when I'm trying to place LVDS inputs at dedicated pins I got :

Error: Non-differential I/O pin addr[8] in pin location 86 and pad 103 too close to differential I/O pin clk_pll(n) in pin location 90 and pad

107 -- pins must be separated by a minimum of 4 pads

And I don't know why ? How can it be too close ? Is any workaround for this ? (CYCLON II 2C5)

Adam

Reply to
Górski Adam

Quartus will not allow a non-differential signals within I believe 4 pins of a differential signal. The solution is to move the single-ended signal away from the differential pair. The reason for this has to do with maintaining the integrity of the differential signal. A single ended signal running next to either the positive or negative end of a diff pair could induce single ended noise; and diff signals are only good at rejecting common-mode noise.

Something else to beware of, depending on the device and whether the differential signals are inputs or outputs, is that the bank voltage where the differential signals reside may have to be powered by 2.5V. This may negatively impact your single ended signal causing it not to meet the VINhi levels of the device it is tied to.

"Górski Adam" wrote in message news:fc3jmt$4s8$ snipped-for-privacy@atlantis.news.tpi.pl...

Reply to
Rob

Hi,

Yes, that's true. But what I can't place very low speed signals (like reset) next to LVDS? I don't know.

But anyway I found solution for this and I can force fitter to place such signals next to LVDS pair.

For such signal TOGGLE RATE must be defined to 0 MHz.

Thx ,

Adam

Reply to
Górski Adam