Library of eBooks on FPGA's and other programming stuff

Hi everybody

As I received some emails about the systemC books I had I decided t

post this

I'm a student so my interests still change rather fastly :D

Since books are really expensive and since I just want to get a "feel

of the topics I'm looking at, I picked the habit of getting myself lot of ebooks

Now the thing is that I've accumulated some collection already. Bu

unfortunately I almost never really use them. (For the ones I liked used I buy the real books...)

I just wanted to share with everyone interested the collection

I'm still uploading some books, but here's what I got at the moment

- about 25 books on AI with, mostly about Neural Networks and Compute

Vision. There's my very loved book: Artificial Intelligence, A moder Approach!!!

- about 15 books about FPGA's, mostly on SystemC, VHDL, DSP on FPGA

and introductory guides and books (I have The Designer Warrior guid to FPGA's for example)

- 4 books on LaTex, graphics and just writing LaTe

- 3 books on programming that didn't fit in AI: My two very love

Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs (Abelson an Sussman) and Introduction to Algorithms (Cormen et al), and a geneti algorithms boo

- 2 books on Scheme (a LISP dialog

The list is growing rather fastly..

As I don't really know the legal issues about publicly distributin ebooks, I don't want to just post the adress of my ftp where I pu them (my old high school). I would be very appreciative if someon would post a reply with some notice saying if it is legal or not. If it is fully legal, then I can put them on my MIT account where have about 20 gigs of free space, and we could kind of start library of ebooks on fpga's, electronics, programming, and whateve other topic

Anyways, just drop me an email at dima_turbiner[at]yahoo.com and I'l

gladly send you the link. (Just please don't post it until I'm sur its legal

Hope these ebooks will help save money to some folks

BTW, what would all of you think about putting up a library of thes

ebooks. Everyone ecould use them and everyone could contribute to i (I would be very glad :D If this whole thing is solid enough, I'll put up a full list and kee updating it twice a month or so as I (or anyone willing t contribute) put in more books

Just a last consideration, I think a good legal solution would b

this I keep the ftp password protected, and then give the password t anyone that wants to drop me an email. This way, it would'nt b acccessible through google to all the spammers, etc, and I think tha this way there would be no problem for me to run it in the MI servers

I hope people will reply to this post so that this library gets start

Greetings to all Dimitr

drop me an email at dima_turbiner[at]yahoo.com to get the link o

just question

Reply to
Dimitri Turbiner

Dimitri Turbiner wrote: [...]

[...]
[...] > Hope these ebooks will help save money to some folks!

Sorry, it's a bad idea that will get you into trouble, unless you know *for sure* that the ebook is redistributable. If you read at the first few pages of each book, you will almost certainly see a message stating whether copying and redistribution is allowed, and I'll bet that for most of those books you listed, it isn't. Even for stuff like Java documentation that is readable from Sun's web site, and downloadable after a license agreement, you aren't allowed to just redistribute the docs yourself.

If you don't find a copyright notice within the ebook, you should assume that it is not for redistribution until you find some information to the contrary. You can always ask the author/publisher if you're not sure.

The last sentence in your quote is telling: if the publisher is selling the ebook for money, don't you think they would prosecute copyright violations on that ebook?

This might be a way to avoid detection, but it doesn't change the legality of the actions. If you're not meant to redistribute the ebook, you can't give the password to anyone. If you are allowed, then the password is not needed!

-Jason

[not wanting to be rude, just trying to save you from hassle later on]
Reply to
Jason Ozolins

Sorry, but at least 99.9% of those would be illegal to redistribute..

Not that people arent doing it every day, just be sure you undersand what you are doing..

Reply to
Ziggy