TTL, CMOS and spartan

im looking for some advice/information on how to interface spartan3 FPGA with TTL and CMOS chips. does anybody know any ways to solder CLCC (CMOS image sensor ) at home?

Thank you

Reply to
CMOS

Symon

As far as interfacing chips goes, just make sure the bank voltage matches the IO standard you want to use. Take a look at the datasheet for what the FPGA supports. You will most likely be using LVCMOS33 for most of your IO. The spartan 3 does not have 5V tolerant IO, so if you have any 5V logic, you will need translators.

To solder the CLCC, you probably can just use your iron and a lot of flux. I like this method better than using a toaster oven since you can add parts one at a time and test. See

I only use a toaster oven for BGA.

Darrell Harmon

Reply to
dlharmon

Not really on topic but why are the caps number in the 300 range on your DSP card ? like 339 ...

Sylvain

Reply to
Sylvain Munaut

Reply to
james

All parts on page 1 of the schematic are in the 100 range, all parts on page 2 are in the 200 range, ... This makes finding parts on the schematic easy. The only problem I have found with the scheme is when I move parts from page to page it takes some time to renumber. I probably should put up an explanation of my schematic standards.

Darrell Harmon

Reply to
dlharmon