Jitter calculation for RocketIO reference clock

Hi,

I am presently working on a design involving a RocketIO in a Virtex II Pro. I am looking at reference clocks for the PLL of the RocketIO meeting among other things the jitter requirement related to the serial link frequency. I am wondering how to combine deterministic jitter and random jitter parameters of the oscillator. Is the total jitter the rms value of the two parameters or do I need to add the maximums of each parameter ? Doesn't the answer depend on the device receiving the clock and therefore the way it deals with jitter ?

Thanks,

JF

Reply to
jean-francois hasson