JBits query

I have installed the JBITS 3.0 SDK from Xilinx. How do I know that the bit pattern has actually changed before downloading on to the chip? I don't see any difference in the sizes of the input and output .bit file. Is this to be expected?

I understand that JBITS 2.8 had BoardScope; but apparently Xilinx have removed BoardScope from 3.0. Can anybody help?

Reply to
sarnaths

The file sizes should be exactly the same for similarly named files. I believe the only reason for a full bitstream to be a different size is if the source filenames differ. The bitstreams encode the filename of the NCD file used to produce the bitstream, so different NCD files will produce different file lengths. But, in general, the files should be the same length.

To see if the bitstreams differ, I suggest a quick-and-dirty diff command (under linux or using cygwin, if you're running Windows). For more information you can diff the hexdumps of the two bitstreams.

Reply to
Stephen Craven