how to set trigger in ChipScopePro for this

Hi all, I have an application where my data refreshes every 10 seconds...It takes so long as I am doing some sort of an averaging over a few million samples and then taking the statistics once in those few million samples.My system clock is of 40 MHz and it's fed from outside through a SMA connector in Virtex2P board. Hence to get

16 meaningful samples I should have to wait around 160 seconds. These are the methods I tried.... option 1: I used a clock for Chipscope pro which has a period of 10 seconds....But in this case it tkes a huge time to get the data...around 600 sec for getting 16 samples...even though the values make sence Option 2: I am using the system clock iteslf for chipscope clock, and once in 1 seconds I generate a high pulse of width of 1 period of sys. clock and trigger data with that...but it takes all the data points after the trigger condition and hence I effectively get 1 data point.It's fast but doesn't help much

Is there any method by which I can take the data values only at the high values of the pulse and hence all data point will be different.

Thanks in advance, Pratap

Reply to
Pratap

The ILA works like a logic analyzer; there is a "trigger" and then on each clock the data is sampled until the buffer is full. My guess is that in constructing the ILA core, 16 samples is the minimum buffer length (I've generally used many more). I think you would need to use some form of register I/O off the board to instead sample the data yourself to do any better.

Good Luck, Marty

Reply to
Marty Ryba

[snip]

I don't have ChipScope in front of me, so this is from memory. The trigger settings allow you to specify a number of 'windows' (I think that's what they're called) and the number of samples per window. If your buffer size is 1024 and you choose 512 windows, then each window would have 2 samples. You would set the trigger to the pulse signal, and then Chipscope would show you 512 consecutive triggers.

--
Joe Samson
Pixel Velocity

You can add that pulse to the data, and use it as a qualifier, so that only data samples matching that qualifier are stored.

- Brian

Reply to
Brian Drummond

Yes, The windows method worked....Thanks for the help... Now on each window I am taking 1 sample and I am taking 512 windows...which solves my purpose. Thanks again...:)

Reply to
Pratap