AT91 - Execution out of internal SRAM

Hi All -

I'm trying to set up my code to execute out of internal SRAM on an AT91FR40162 using the IAR EWARM toolset. Does anyone have any advice on how to do this?

If the linker thinks ROM starts at 0x00000000 (which it does prior to remap) and the remap command moves the internal SRAM to address

0x00000000, there should be no problem simply copying the code from flash into sram before the remap. Is there more to it than this?

Many Thanks...

Dan

Reply to
Dan Rhodes

I would not do anything special until after I have initialized the H/W and remapped. In 99% of the cases, it is the wrong thing to do.

You might want to ask your local friendly IAR distributor. On Green Hills you can create a ROM or even Compressed ROM section which gets copied into SRAM by libstartup. It is very likely that you can do the same with IAR.

--
Best Regards
Ulf at atmel dot com