Help with SysAce CF

Hi All,

I've been trying to work with a Xilinx II Virtex Pro board and its SysAce controller. I've read many papers and related topics in this group, but I found no solutions as such.

I need to use the CF card for simple data storage, and not to boot the board or anything else. One of the main questions I have is what kind of partitioning I need to for this. I used the mkdos utility to format the card to FAT 16 with 1 reserved sector. When I do a Sys_fopen, the operation fails. I can initialize the card, set and release a lock on it.

Can I do simple file I/O without worrying about .ACE and .SYS files?

Can I use a complete FAT parition and not have an etc partition?

There was one post in this group where the user has asked a similar question and it was pointed out that his MSS and MHS files were incomplete. My files appear complete. I will post them if needed. I'd appreciate any suggestions that will put me in the right track...

Thanks in advance Prithvi

Reply to
Prithvi Shyam Bhargava