Intermittent failure to start sw app on pwr-on, SysACE reset doesn't help - must cycle pwr

I am experiencing intermittent failure on a custom V4FX20 board. The majority of the time when power is applied the SysACE configures and starts the application correctly. I have an external watchdog component that activates the ACE reset if certain events are detected, the wdog is working correctly.

However, there are times when on Pwr-on that the FPGA appears to configure correctly but not start the application - my external watchdog will detect this and resets the ACE controller. The FPGA re- configures properly, but the app still fails to start. Basically, if my application ran at power on, it will always run after a ACE reset - likewise, if my app failed to start at power on, it will never start after an ACE reset.

Any ideas as to why this is behaving this way? Thanks

Reply to
Dave H