Help with .mem and .bmm file generation

Hi.. am supposed to implement a 8051 open core into a spartan 3e board and verify the implementation with led blink program.. i have implemented the c ore into the fpga successfully...

What I have to do now is to load the blink program into the program memory of the 8051... so i need to program this code into the block ram... for tha t am supposed to generate .mem and .bmm file which can be handled with data

2mem software..

The problem which i face is I have absolutely no idea about generating a .m em or .bmm file... though i saw many links online for reference no one has given a clear idea about how to generate it... it will be very helpful if s omeone tells me how to do it step by step...

Thanks a lot!! Cheers

Reply to
atlantic_pure

verify the

fpga successfully...

the

supposed

tells

is a step-by-step tutorial for a very simple processor implemented on a Spartan 3e using block ram as program memory.

Reply to
Herbert Kleebauer

Thank you so much for the zip file...

Am programming 8051 in verilog... can i use the same files for verilog as well??

thanks!!

verify the

fpga successfully...

of the

supposed

.mem

given a

tells

Reply to
atlantic_pure

well??

I always used schematic entry (a picture tells more than 100 lines of code), but as far as I remember, Xilinx software converted the schematic files to VHDL files, so you alway can look at the generated VDHL files. Modification of the BRAM content in the bit file is independent of the way the bit file was created (from schematics or VHDL/VERILOG).

Reply to
Herbert Kleebauer