bmm file and ramb16

Hello,

I have 2 32x512 brams. I'm using the parity bits to extend the available data out a couple extra bits, so I can write a 66 bit word to the ram (designed with Xilinx's core generator). Only problem is when I try to specify what bits what go what bram in the bmm file, I get an error that I'm exceeding the maximum data length. Is there some way to specify in the bmm file that a couple of the bits are connected to the parity pins? My bmm file is below:

ADDRESS_BLOCK capture_ram RAMB16 [0x00040400:0x000407FF] BUS_BLOCK INST_CAPRAM/B6 [35:0] ; INST_CAPRAM/B10 [65:36] ; END_BUS_BLOCK; END_ADDRESS_BLOCK;

I get the following errors: ERROR:Data2MEM:26 - Illegal bit lane width in ADDRESS_SPACE 'capture_ram'. 'INST_CAPRAM/B6 [35:0]' is by 36. Only 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32 is allowed.

ERROR:Data2MEM:29 - Inconsistent address space size in ADDRESS_SPACE 'capture_ram'. ADDRESS_SPACE was defined as 0x000000400 bytes, but the devices total

0x000000000 bytes.

Any ideas to get around this? Thanks,

-- Matt

+-- |Matthew Plante | University of New Hampshire | InterOperability Lab | Research & Development | SMTP: snipped-for-privacy@iol.unh.edu | Phone: +1-603-862-0203 +-
Reply to
Matthew Plante

The parity bit support for BMM files was added very recently, it should be possible with the latest tools, but i dont know where the 'howto' is. checkout the picoblaze related stuff at xilinx web there they talk about 18 bit wide memory init

antti

"Matthew Plante" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:dc877e$uv4$ snipped-for-privacy@tabloid.unh.edu...

available

I'm

bmm

Reply to
Antti Lukats

Hi Antti,

We're still using ISE 6.3.03i. I did just find that answer record you mentioned (#21460). So I guess the only solution is to upgrade to 7.1?

Thanks,

-- Matt

Reply to
Matthew Plante

"Matthew Plante" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:dc87ui$v3v$ snipped-for-privacy@tabloid.unh.edu...

there is no support for parity init before 7.1, so there is no other solution if you need this feature

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats