xilinx nallatech v4 extreme dsp development boards

has anyone used any of the extreme dsp development or evaluation boards which use the v4 sx35 (i think) how are the interfacing tools ? drivers (linux/windows)? detailed schematics? Reference designs?

thanks for your help

--
Geoffrey Wall
Masters Student in Electrical/Computer Engineering

The boards are great, we got a few of them as well as from the previous versions. We have chosen for the Extreme DSP kit, because it's really plug and play. You don't need to develop a PCI controller and driver before doing experiments with your own application. It's a piece of cake making a programmers interface from an application running on the PC controlling the card over USB or over PCI.

I haven't seen schematics, but I didn't need them as the user manual provide enough information. The manuals, reference designs, driver, Software an the Nallatech support are of a high quality level.

The dissatisfiers are: the slow response to single writes over USB, the slow configuration over USB (it takes about 2 minutes to program the SX35 .... amazing). Further I don't like the cooler that is mounted on the SX35. The chip is "cool" but practical it isn't. The pricing could also be somewhat better. Further, Nallatech has an own philosophy about providing Software/drivers updates etc. You need password to retrieve the information from their website.

Roel

Reply to
Roel