Get Start for XtremeDSP Developement Board -IV

Dear Sir,

There have a Xilinx/Nallatech Virtex4 development board beside me, on which there has 2 ch ADC (105MSPS), 2ch DAC, FPGA Vritex4 XC4VSX35-10FF668.

There have poor examples from Nallatech, and I really don't like the interface FUSE. I am using the USB port to communicate with this board, and if I want to configure the FPGA chips through USB, FUSE seems the only way? (or I write the dirver for USB interface). Is it possible to configure through JTAG directly in ISE?

I plan to make the board running, for example, a simple signal generator, or digital filter. Can you give me some detailed instruction on it? I am not good at HDL, good example start from ISE is very helpful. Thanks

wilson

Reply to
chengwelsion

Hi,

We have this same board, and have used both the USB with the FUSE software and JTAG through Impact in ISE to program it. There is a connector on the board that fits standard JTAG programming cables from Xilinx. There is a simple example program that comes with the board showing ADC and DAC connections. You could use this with say a CoreGen DDS or FIR filter with very little new VHDL.

Scott

Reply to
Scott Bekker