free HDL ebook?

Hi, are there any free books on HDLs (verilog preferred) online? I found several "getting started" tutorials, but what I am looking for is

- the workflow to get some kind of a "hello world" program running on the example of any development kit.

- some examples with simple hardware interaction ( eg. RS232 communication, logic analyzer, ...)

- maybe the implementation of a very simple processor

- special features like PLL or DCM usage

- a brief reference of the HDL

- all contained in one pdf, if possible.

If there is no such book online, which one do you recommend to purchase to get practical experience using verilog for a Spartan 3 based development kit?

Jens

Reply to
Jens Baumann