FPGA to FLASH and back?

Hi,

I'd like to use an Intel StrataFlash Memory 28F320J3A with my Virtex4 FPGA and write / read data from it. Is there a ready-to-use core available to communicate with the Flash or am I supposed to start from the scratch, writing VHDL code line by line.

Does anybody know how complicated this can get? Is it something sophisticated or just "line production"..?! ;-)

Greetz

Joe

Reply to
Denkedran Joe

If you have EDK, there is a core readily available with it: the EMC: External Memory Controller. It's worked flawlessly for every external discrete flash part I've used it with.

-- Mike

Reply to
morphiend

Hi Morphiend,

thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I've got absolutely no experience with the Microblaze oder PowerPC stuff. So would it be possible to provide me with an example design? I'll promise not to use it in my design, I'd just like to have a look at it to learn how to deal with integrated processors in combination with the external FLASH.

Really appreciate your support!

Joe

"morphiend" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@x41g2000hsb.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Denkedran Joe

Hi,

There are reference designs available from Xilinx, here's just one example:

Regards,

-- Hauke D

Reply to
Hauke D