FPGA prototype board with ethernet interfaces

Hello All

I am new to FPGA world and thinking to start self-project for learning purpose. I am thinking of building ethernet switch as exercise and wondering what are the options I have for development board which has ethernet interfaces (2-4) connected to it.

Looking for any other suggestion you have.

Thanks

-- Vikram

Reply to
Vikram

Hi Vikram,

If you wish to start your project to FPGA which has ethetnet interface on it, I suggest you take a look into Altera Stratix Professional Development Board such as EP1S40F780C5...You can go to Altera website

to look for more detail information.

Reply to
Jasmine Hau

Hi Vikram,

you can use any Altera Evaluation Board that has daughtercard connectors on it. From

there is an ethernet daughtercard available with a National 10/100/1000 PHY on it (just a PHY not a MAC/PHY).

Reply to
Marc

We can add multiple interfaces on our Broaddown2 product via plug-in modules. We have a PHY/RJ45 module coming in a few months that may be of interest. Alternatively doing your own add-on is possible.

Were you planning to have the MACs in the FPGA or planning to use all in one chips for the ethernet?

John Adair Enterpoint Ltd. - Home of Broaddown2. The Ultimate Spartan3 Development Board.

wondering

Reply to
John Adair

Hi Vikram, We have a custom FPGA board with two Optical Gigabit Ethernet ports and two SONET Compliant OC48 ports. We are using VirtexII-3000 and VirtexII-6000 parts. These are fully operational boards. As you may or may not be aware that 6000 parts are very expensive so are these boards. We use these boards for wire rate/performance testing for new designs. I do not know whether we are selling these boards. Surender Alliance Semiconductors Corp.

Reply to
Surender Sharma