FPGA programming newbie

Hello

I have implemented a FSL core for the Microblaze processor. It is a very easy test programm, and now I wanna try to use chipscope to take a look at the internal registers of my Core. I think this is achivable with Chipscope, so is there somewhere a useful tutorial which explains me step by step what I have to do to be able to read out data from my core? Would be very thankful for usefull tips

Best Wishes Clemens

Reply to
Clemens Reinrich

at

cope,

what

It shouldn't be any problem at all. Use ChipScope Inserter after=20 synthesis and before implementation of the system. In the inserter you=20 should be able to connect the ChipScope core to the signals of your core.=

After the insertion of the core in your system netlist you just continue =

the design flow with the ngdbuild, map, par, bitgen, bitinit and impact.

I did this over a year ago, and at that time I had to move some files=20 generated by the ngdbuild to the implementation directory manually.=20 Below is an example of the commandos I used at the command line.

ngdbuild -sd implementation/ -p xc2v1000fg456-6 -nt timestamp -bm=20 implementation/system.bmm -uc data/system.ucf system.ngo

mv ddr_v1_00_b_virtex2_async_fifo.ngo=20 implementation/ddr_v1_00_b_virtex2_async_fifo.ngo mv system_ngdbuild.nav implementation/system_ngdbuild.nav mv netlist.lst implementation/netlist.lst mv system.bld implementation/system.bld mv system.ngd implementation/system.ngd

map -o implementation/system_map.ncd implementation/system.ngd=20 implementation/system.pcf

par -w -ol 2 implementation/system_map.ncd implementation/system.ncd=20 implementation/system.pcf

bitgen -w -f etc/bitgen.ut implementation/system

bitinit system.mhs -pe microblaze_0 microblaze_0/code/xmdstub.elf -bt=20 implementation/system.bit -o implementation/download.bit

impact -batch etc/download.cmd

I don't know if this is of any help for you, but it might point you in=20 the right direction at least...

--=20

----------------------------------------------- Johan Bernsp=E5ng, snipped-for-privacy@xfoix.se Research engineer

Swedish Defence Research Agency - FOI Division of Command & Control Systems Department of Electronic Warfare Systems

Please remove the x's in the email address if replying to me personally.

Johan BernspÄng