Fixed-point FIR eyediagram problem

Hi,

I am designing a fixed-point FIR using Xilinx block set.But it seems that only the upper half of the output eyediagram ramains while the lower half has been truncated.In the design, I just use random integer Generator, then going through a Gateway In block, then upsampling block, then fixed-point FIR filer,Gateway Out block, AWGN block, Gateway In block, fixed-point FIR filter, downsampling, Gateway Out block and output display. Could anyone give me some suggestions about this eyediagram problem?

Thanks a lot!

Reply to
YFLuo

Is this in Matlab? Check the blockset for how it treats negative numbers -- it may be displaying exactly the correct behavior.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott

Thanks, Tim.

Yes, I do it in MatLab. I have designed a floating-point FIR and the eyediagram is good. Should I add some blocks which function as channel encoding/decoding or something else to my fixed-point FIR design? I am not sure about that.

YFLuo

Reply to
YFLuo