Fatal Error ISE 9.1

hi,

i get this message when i run "map".

Using target part "5vlx30ff324-3". Mapping design into LUTs... Running directed packing... Constraining slice packing based on guide NCD. Running delay-based LUT packing... FATAL_ERROR:Portability:PortDynamicLib.c:358:1.27 - dll open of library failed due to an unknown reason. Process will terminate. For more information on this error, please consult the Answers Database or open a WebCase with this project attached at

Process "Map" failed

Could somebody help me?

Reply to
martin.leibetseder

Martin,

One thing that I noticed in your error message was that your ISE install was in the 'Program Files' folder. This may or may not be related to the error, but I would highly recommend that you install the tools in a directory with no spaces. Try installing to the root as Xilinx_9.1 and see if the error goes away. Repost if the error remains and we can go from there.

-David

Reply to
davide

I have also seen this problem with a design when I turned on timing driven Map. The Xilinx folks said to turn off the "register duplication" option in Map to avoid the problem.

I've only tried this a little bit, so I can't guarantee that this is a useful fix.

John Providenza

Reply to
johnp