Essential hazards in CPLD's?

Hi NG, are essential hazards avoided in CPLD-designs?

If for example I were to design a counter with a subsequent comparator in a CPLD, would I be sure that I got no glitches in the output from my comparator? Or would I have to filter the output before I used it in other part of the CPLD?

Best regards Preben

Reply to
Preben Mikael Bohn

They can be.

If you use synchronous design and do static timing analysis, your outputs won't glitch.

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler

Reply to
Peter Alfke

I thought so... :-/

Ah... Of course... Only problem is that I guess this requires a higher macro-cell count and my current design is already at the limit (and there are many counters in it :-)).

I guess this is the best/"cheapest" way to do it. Thank you for the info.

Best regards Preben

Reply to
Preben Mikael Bohn