ERROR:NgdBuild:604

Hi

I have made a new IP using the create or import peripheral wizard. When I add my own logic to this IP I get this error

"ERROR:NgdBuild:604 - logical block 'ip_comp_0/ip_comp_0/USER_LOGIC_I/teller_laag' with type 'teller4' could not be resolved. A pin name misspelling can cause this, a missing edif or ngc file, or the misspelling of a type name. Symbol 'teller4' is not supported in target 'virtex2p'."

I have split up my code in comonent so I have a better overvieuw. When I don't do this and put everything in the same VHDL file I don't have this error.

I have been searching the web and this discussion group but I don't find an answer.

What do I have to do so I can still use components and don't get this error?

Greets Michiel

Reply to
Mich

You have to add them into the data/your_ip_name.pao file. Open it and you'll see the syntax is obvious ... you have to put them 'in-order' IIRC (not sure ...), that is, the sub modules first.

Sylvain

Reply to
Sylvain Munaut

Hi

I have added it in the pao file and placed the sub module first

lib IP_COMP_v1_00_a teller4 vhdl lib IP_COMP_v1_00_a user_logic vhdl lib IP_COMP_v1_00_a IP_COMP vhdl

I still get the same error.

Is there something I do wrong?

Greets Michiel

Reply to
Mich

How are you instantiating "teller4"?

If you are using something like "teller4_inst: entity IP_COMP_v1_00_a.teller4 generic map(...) port map(...);" then you should be OK. If you are just doing "teller4_inst: teller4 generic map(...) port map(...);" then you probably need to make some definition of teller4 visible in the module in which you're instantiating it. So either a local component statement, or a component statement in a package which you then "use" at the top of the file, or (quicker) switch to the first style of direct entity instantiation.

HTH,

-Ben-

Reply to
Ben Jones