EDK + Assembly Output Files + External Memory Usage

Hi Gurus,

I am new to EDK and embedded software please help me...

I am trying some example and test applications using EDK. I have following Queries...

  1. I have my application written in C, I want to view its assembly output instead of .elf where I can set the option to get assembly output....?

  1. presently all the applications are running through internal BRAM. If I want to map the application or part of application in external sdram how do I do it...?

Thanks and Regards, Kida

Reply to
vlsi_kida

vlsi snipped-for-privacy@math.net schrieb:

read the manual of mb-objdump

read the manual of gnu linker or look at some examples that run from ext mem

Reply to
Antti

Hi Kida,

not sure about the first one. For your second question, you can use XPS to customize the linker script: Software -> Generate Linker Script. Alternatively you can code it by hand. The linker script contains what memories all the software sections sit in. You must include your other memories as EDK-compliant peripherals in the system before they will appear in the GLS wizard drop-downs. I hope that can at least point you in the right direction.

-scott

vlsi snipped-for-privacy@math.net wrote:

Reply to
MKULTRA2

For the first one, you can either use mb-objdump/powerpc-eabi-objdump command in Xilinx shell to dump the ELf to ASM, or use the GDB GUI to see the ASM code.

Reply to
Felix Pang

Can GDB source level debugger work if the application is downloaded to the external SRAM? I tried but although it showed the source files but once I let it run, the program seems hang up!

Reply to
wflee