memory usage Problem !

Dear All

I am working on threadx with the metaware tools. I cant seem to determine the size of the .data section used by the object files(ELF format).

I thought that the .data contains initialised global and static variables used in the program. But it looks like its taking much more size than that.

for eg. In one of the .c files that i use - there are no global or static variables. But the .data section of the corresponding .o contains a .data section of a considerable size. How can this be??

please Help.

Thanks a LOT

1011 10
Reply to
1011 10

You could always get a compiler / assembler listing, or a dump of the object file, and *look*.

Hans-Bernhard Broeker