EDK 6.2 ISE verilog toplevel possible ?

This seems to be a bug in projnav when using the XMP as a source file.

ISE creates the EDK project in VHDL mode. This has to be changed. The only way to do that today is to open the xmp file in an editor and change VHDL to VERILOG.

Basically the projnav could not resolve the path to the edk data from the xmp. > Hi

--
/ 7\'7 Paulo Dutra (paulo.dutra@xilinx.com)
\ \ `  Xilinx                              hotline@xilinx.com

Hi

does anybody know if it is possible to use EDK system in ISE toplevel if the toplevel is in verilog? So far ISE/EDK mixed language support has been always towards VHDL, in last releases the mixed language support is defenetly better but we still have some problem with some mixed designs.

so simple question: ISE toplevel (verilog) includes a EDK system, all seems to be OK, but synthesis says that the system module is not found.

any workaround, hint what todo? wait for next service pack ???

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

the

Thanks Paulo,

well unfortunatly if I remove the .XMP from project I can not do "update sources" any more from Project Navigator! so the fix is not a real solution! :( Any ideas when/which service pack will fix this problem??

ISE/EDK integration is getting better, but would be real nice to see it working one day !! (before doom-day hopefully!)

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

Antti, Did you try goign to EDK and doign an Tools-> Export To ProjNav. This will create a new ProjNav project for you after runnign synthesis for EDK subsystem. Remember to go to Project Options and select

  • This is submodule of my design
  • Implementation Flow: ISE

Once the new projnav project is created, you can add your own files there. If there are any chagnes in EDK, you can re-export from EDK to the existing ProjNav project.

Amit.

Antti Lukats wrote:

Reply to
Amit Kasat

Thanks, but I can add system.xmp to the ISE project and everything works

100% fine as long as the toplevel ISE project is VHDL. In case of verilog toplevel synthesis stops on error module not found.

If I add system.v (not system.xmp) to the ISE project I can not update the MicroBlaze sources from ISE project !!

So there is no solution so far :( hope some next EDK service packs solves the problem!

Antti

Reply to
Antti Lukats

--

Dear Paulo!

there is exists a real workaround that allows normal flow in ISE having a verilog toplevel and system.xmp !

the fix is posted there :)

Antti Lukats, who would accept paypal donations to snipped-for-privacy@case2000.com email address to help me to post more real fixes and hints where Xilinx hotline fails to help ;)

kidding, I am just an unemployed FPGA-guru living in foreign country far away from home who hopes this "ISE/EDK verilog top" hint is useful to some one at least!

And to Xilinx: I have fighted months and monhts with ISE/EDK/V2PDK bugs, its getting better all the time, but still has some gotchas that may make the use of the tools a real frustration for those who just obtain the SW and try to use it.

Reply to
Antti Lukats