DMA over pci

I had posted a few weeks back about my issue

Now I have one more issue. I have to do a DMA burst transfer. The pci controller on board is a powerspan2 Dual pci bridge from tundra. I have data in my PLB master/slave module. I have to send this data to the host computer to which the card is connected.So If I will have to do a DMA tranfsfer but for DMA the bridge needs the start address and the end address. Now according to my understanding after going though the powerspan II manual for the DMA transfer I have to give a start adress which is any location in the on-board RAM . I have to place the data in the location and then send some configuration commands . Also transfer can take place between powerpc and the pci .I dont want to use powerpc or the on-board RAM . Is nt there a way where I can send data from my module directly to the host pc RAM instaed of sending it via on-board RAM. I have no experience in this area and always get stuck somewhere or the other. I had started with device driver and also was going through the powerspanII manual when I came across this doubt.

How exactly a DMA transfer is done from a FPGa in a fpga PCI card to the host pc. I would appreciate any comments on this . Thanks, Nitesh

Reply to
Nitesh