Cypress CY7B923/33 models

Hi All,

I am looking for a VHDL model for the CY7B923 and CY7B933 Hotlink Transmitter and Receiver. The tech support at Cypress referred me to Synopsys, but I can't get anything from Synopsys because I don't have a site ID (and thus can't register for Synopsys SolvNet).

Does anyone know another site where I can obtain the functional models?

Thanks Ernie

Reply to
ernie

Hello, as you probably know, for a new project it's much better and cheaper to use the newer CYP15G0101DBX chip. We used the CY7B923/CY7B933 devices, but switched to the newer device without problems.

And they seem to have a VHDL model for it, but I think you need to sign a NDA.

Best regards Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Falser

Unfortunately, we cannot move to the Hotlink II chip. The PCB layout has settled and we cannot spend the time nor the money to change the layout again to accomodate the new chip.

So, I am back to square one. Anyone out there have a VHDL model for CY7B923/933?

Thanks Ernie

Reply to
ernie

It wouldn't be hard to write one if you have a data sheet. It's just a shifter/encoder/line driver. Why do you need to simulate the interface chip?

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler

Hi Mike,

I'm writing VHDL that is supposed to talk to the Hotlink chips on the PCB that we are making. I'm not sure how to make sure that my code works except to find a VHDL model and instantiate it in my testbench.

Cheers, Ernie

Reply to
ernie