Choosing a clock

Hi

I would like some advice on how to decide on the specfication o oscillator required for a Virtex 4 MGT. I have had a look in the use guide and it recommends one by Epson. However is doesnt say how the arrived at this. Is there any sort of forumla that can be used t calculate parameters like max jitter for the data rate required.

Cheers

Jon

Reply to
maxascent

Jon,

The extremely low jitter directly enables the transmitter of the MGTs to meet the output jitter requirements for all 40+ standards that we have characterization reports for.

The Epson oscillator was chosen, and used in these characterization reports. If you want to use another oscillator, use the Epson as a set of requirements to select a comparable unit.

Austin

Reply to
austin