Can I use chipscoe to look at V5 GTPoutputs

I would like to know if I can use Chipscope to look at the V5 GTP outputs. I am using 4 GTP outputs at 3.125 Gbps and wanted to study the timing of it

Reply to
Eddie H

The output runs at 3.125 Gbps? How can that be?

I've successfully clocked the Chipscope cores at around 220 MHz with no timing problems. But that is about as high as I could go. That was in a V4 at the lowest speed grade.

Reply to
motty

am using 4 GTP outputs at 3.125 Gbps and wanted to study the timing of it

Eddie,

Nope. Chipscope can probe the signals to, and from, a GTP (not a V5 issue at all), but in no way may it "observe' the GTP outputs themselves,

Austin

Reply to
austin