C16 processor from Opencores.org

Hi,

Has anybody managed to get the C16 processor from opencores.org to function correctly?

I am trying to use it with a Digilent board with a Spartan IIe XC2S300E and Xilinx tools version 6.2.03i.

The code required modification to port it to this board and it simulates fine with Modelsim but when the code executes it ignores even simple instructions such as JUMP. The program counter just keeps incrementing. I can see that the instructions are in memory OK. Its as if the Xilinx tools are not synthesizing the VHDL correctly.

Any hints will be welcome.

thanks

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin White

Symon

Symon,

It fails in both post-translation and post P&R simulation as well. Also it is not related to clock rate and fails when single stepped. I also simulated the original code from opencores and that fails in the same way.

kevin

Reply to
Kevin White