BFM simulation and number of Masters?

Hello,

First of all I will make my question: Could you please say me how many Masters can be connected to the Bus when the BFM simulation is been used?

I created a coprocessor for the embedded PowerPC, and two files to implement a bridge between the PLB Bus and the Bus of my coprocessor ( small bus called On Chip Bus). I have a Master which is able to read all the operations from a txt file. this is my sistem

BFM Bus file.txt --> Master_1 -->| | |-->bridge_plb2ocb | coprocessor(bus on chip bus ocb) |-->bridge_ocb2plb | Register

Reply to
ferorcue

In general, a bus structure will support multiple masters. You will require some arbitration logic and some muxing logic to mux the winning master onto the bus. Does the bus protocol you are using support arbitartion (request/grant sort of thing)?

Mike

Reply to
Mike Lewis