Announcing JOLT - Yet Another Xilinx Programming Tool

Neil Glenn Jacobson wrote: ... : > Ok, it's the MainWin porting tool that requires the per-seat license. : > That's pretty much what keep Xilinx from having a set of free tools for : > Linux, correct? : > : Well, we don't use MainWin but, yes, that is correct.

I don't understand that answer.

Ise 6.2 clearly uses MainWin, or am I wrong?

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Uwe Bonnes

Yes, you are wrong. Xilinx does not use MainWin

--

     You've *read the email* - now *buy the book*
Reply to

Hmmmm.... What other choices still exist which require a per-seat license?

Phil

Reply to
Phil Tomson

Neil Glenn Jacobson wrote: : Uwe Bonnes wrote: : > Neil Glenn Jacobson wrote: : > ... : > : > Ok, it's the MainWin porting tool that requires the per-seat license. : > : > That's pretty much what keep Xilinx from having a set of free tools for : > : > Linux, correct? : > : > : > : Well, we don't use MainWin but, yes, that is correct. : > : > I don't understand that answer. : > : > Ise 6.2 clearly uses MainWin, or am I wrong?

: Yes, you are wrong. Xilinx does not use MainWin

So where do the Wind/U related messages come from that Stephen Williams reports about in the thread "Impact vs. Linux RedHat Linux"

Or is Wind/U something different then MainWin. In that case, excuse my ignorance.

B.t.w.: Does Wind'U require a per seat license?

Bye

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Uwe Bonnes

Not even close.

The Software contains copyrighted material, trade secrets, and other proprietary information. In order to protect them you may not decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or otherwise reduce the Software to a human-perceivable form. You agree not for any purpose to attempt to view or display the Software's object code on any computer screen or otherwise make copy of the Software code. You may not publish data information that compares performance with created distributed by others

- a

Reply to
Adam Megacz