Actel Fusefile Reverse Engineering

Hi, I am a Actel 54SXA family user. I would like to get from the fusefile what I/O standard I have selected in my Designer software (i.e. PCI, LVTTL). Is that possible ? I am doing so because I have been messed up my files and I cant trace back. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Wong

Any answer ? Please .....

Reply to
Wong

: Any answer ? Please .....

Search the net for FPGA reverse engineering. I think after that you will give up...

Uwe Bonnes

If you don't remember, it's probably the default. Check with Actel and measure a programmed device for output swing and input thresholds.

-- Mike Treseler

Reply to
Mike Treseler

This might work. Create a new design and compile it twice to get the same format fusefile, once with PCI and once with LVTTL without making any other changes. Then compare the two files to see what's different. Then see if the difference is evident in your old fusefile.

--
Greg
readgc.invalid@hotmail.com.invalid

Take your design, and change ONLY the I/O standard in the area you are unsure about, then compare the final fuse files. When you have the I/O standard matching, the files will compare without error. [ This presumes your design has NOT changed in the meantime... ] Or, you could go to your backup files, as the I/O standard is unlikely to have changed since the PCB was designed ?

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville

Why not regen the bit file, 1 for each IO option and do a bin diff against what you have. One should match!

regards

johnjakson_usa_com

Reply to
john jakson