Want To Buy IC 54LS188J

I need following ICs for a repair/maintenance contract.

1) IC P/N 54LS188J or P/N 54LS188J/883B & 2) Honeywell P/N 3718682-31

Any one having New/Unused ICs, please E-Mail offer to;

snipped-for-privacy@ivaroop.com

Indicate date code.

I am looking to buy up to 50 each.

Thanks, Robert Smith

Reply to
Robert Smith

Cure??

Reply to
The real Andy

100 ceramic /883B chips are going to be very expensive. What's wrong with a 74188? And why so many defective 32 x 8 proms anyway?

BTW, are you sure an LS version of the '188 was ever made? Perhaps you should try seeking out some old SN74188AJ parts if ceramic is required.

Thanks, - Win

whill_at_picovolt-dot-com

Reply to
Winfield Hill

I'm guessing from the 54xxx part and the Honeywell P/N that this is mil-spec stuff. Substituting a 74xxx probably won't get approved

Finding new blank 54LS188J's will prove difficult... But I have known purchasing departments that bought used bipolar PROM's because they were so much cheaper than new :-)

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa

Yea, used OTPs should be really cheap!

Thanks, - Win

whill_at_picovolt-dot-com

Reply to
Winfield Hill

Yeah, and you sometimes get the data in them free too.

Reply to
Troglodite

The guys at RSA Labs (who make encryption software) have a setup to generate large random prime numbers for encryption keys. (I don't remember what they use to generate randomness - maybe a scintillation counter.) They used to joke that they charged a lot more for used numbers than for new ones :-)

Reply to
Walter Harley

Try looking for a 54S188 perhaps? Lots more hits than for LS.

Reply to
CWatters

I wonder if the fella can use 38510 class parts.

Reply to
Leeper

Have you check out places that deal with obsolete components such as Rochester electronics? There are several others out there in this field.

HTH

al

Reply to
Al Yeager

I've found a company with about 100 off 54S188...

The company is "Circuit Solutions Inc".

Click on their link on this page...

(Long URL might wrap)

Their web site

has some strange protection on it that makes it hard to cut and paste their address :-( anyway they are at:

1580 Lakeland Ave

Bohemia

New York 11716

Tel (613) 563-1100

Fax (613)563-0926/0945

I have no connection with this company, never even heard of them before.

Colin

Reply to
CWatters