[USA] - engineering help needed

We're developing a product that will need appliance approval in the US because it has microprocesors aboard and other potential non-intentional radiators. The product is "outdoor" running 24/7.

We would like a consultant (pref. an electronics engineer) to help guide us through the process. (identify correct class of product, what needs to be demonstrated/documented, which specific rules/regs we need to comply to, test plan, test facilities, application, etc.)

If qualified and experienced, please write me with subject "FCC approval" including your qualifications, relevant experience and contact info.

e-meil: alan d.t browne a$t videotron d.t ca

Thanks, Alan

Reply to
Alan Browne

Hello Alan,

If you are pretty sure it'll pass Class B I believe it would be good to contact an EMC service provider directly. They should know all this stuff. One that I have used in the past:

Now if you think the circuit might need a lot of redesign to make it pass that's another story. Then you need help, either from a guy like me or someone closer to your location.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Ask for Ron Rackley.. You won't be sorry.

This guy is one of the best RF guys in the world.. seriously.

Patrick

Reply to
Patrick