Shredder Essentials

My daughter purchased a document shredder. The name is Shredder Essentials Model SES - C810 Serial #B07130500876

After some usage, it stopped working. I opened the casing and found that there were two nylon gears that had stripped. I contacted Shredder Essentials on their WebSite and asked for their service manual, and told them what had happened. That was a couple of months ago, and I haven't heard from them at all.

I would like to purchase a service manual for this shredder and also replace the two gears with metal ones. Does anyone here have any info on this?

Reply to
indago

Very doubtful that you'll find a service manual for a shredder. The mfr probably never created one. Just buy the gears and replace them. I had a Fellowes shredder some years ago. The nylon gears fell apart after a couple years, so I contacted one of the vendors that serviced Fellowes shredders. They had a repair kit that consisted of metal gears (not the limited life nylon gears). I bought the kit (about $12 for the kit, as I remember), installed the gears, and shredded paper for years to come. It was still working when I replaced it with a confetti shredder a couple years ago. You might contact the mfr or their web site to see if there is a similar repair kit available for your shredder.

Cheers!!!!

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer to the end, the faster it goes.
Reply to
DaveM

I have contacted the company and no response. Where could I get the gears from?

070618 1757 - DaveM posted:

Reply to
indago

Google for shredder repair parts. Please don't ask me to do your legwork.