EIP 545A Frequency Counter Questions

I am trying to track down some information on the different firmware versions of this counter. I own one that came without the GPIB option. I have since found the GPIB plug in board, but am confused in regards to the firmware. I have two manuals for the 545, one printed around 1980 and one around 1987. There was a change in the CPU card between these dates. The manuals also seem to have a number of misprints or anomalies as far as the firmware required for the GPIB opt.

Does anyone know much about these counters and have any knowledge as to the proper firmware required for the GPIB option? Also, will the will the newer CPU cards work in place of the older cards and vice versa??

Any information that you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks Jim WB5KYE

Reply to
Jim Flanagan