remote control motorola r2600 communications system analyzer

Hi,

I would like to use a Motorola R2600 communications system analyzer for automated fieldstrenght measurements. It seems like it's possible to control it over its RS-232 interface. I have a working RS-232 connection, pushing the PRT button sends a screenshot to the connected laptop, but the R2600 doesn't seem to respond to any input.

Unfortunately, I don't have the manual. Does anybody have a list of commands or a description of the command language? Or can anybody confirm if this info is in the operator manual? The manuals appear on ebay from time to time, but I'm only going to buy one if it contains a section on remote programming.

Thanks, Peter

Reply to
Peter

My lab uses CSM's. One of the CSM's is in a rack that has samples from all the transmitters sent to it. I found that each CSM or CSA has its own unique command language. Utilizing it took some special, proprietary, software with various drivers available. If telnetting into it doesn't work, try going to Motorola's website and see if they have anything. I'll look through the Linux packages and see if there is anything open source available and post back.

RK

Peter wrote:

Reply to
Russ