Re: Automatic Audio Switch

Anyone make, or have suggestions for, an automatic audio switch...

> >Input with a signal gets connected to the Output ??

I've built something like that into a PA mixer for use in churches & conference rooms about 10 years ago. If you look into that sort of equipment, you'll probably find what you need.

                     "If it doesn\'t fit, use a bigger hammer!"
Nico Coesel

Just solved my own question:

Both of these audio sources also have video outputs, both S-video and composite. I'll just use the presence of composite to select the correct audio channel ;-)

...Jim Thompson

That's what the automatic S-Video switch I had from Radio Shack did. Worked great to auto select the active channel in priority order. Unfortunately (That word usually follows RS at one point or another), we had a severe brown-out and the microprocessor that ran the thing did not have any sort of under voltage lockout... What followed is that apparently it ate it's own flash and became a different function - a SMT rework teaching station for my production department

If anybody should be interested in the inner workings, I found the operator manual and schematics for the BiAmp Advantage System One modular sound system that we have in our church. The Advantage AGII contains the AGC and priority gating section.

Operator manual:

Schematics:

Oppie

Reply to